Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Family: Part 2

This is Calvin. He is two and crazy. He is a lot of fun though, just look at that sweet face (but don't let it fool you). Calvin is a complicated little man. But I love him. For the most part at home he is playful and talkative until someone outside our nuclear family comes around, then he becomes quiet and grumpy. He growls or barks at people (and strange dogs, and squirrels, and birds) as well. Like I said he is crazy.

The kid loves anything "boy". Trains, cars, boats, airplanes, trucks, construction equipment, dirt and sand are some of his favorite things. He loves Lightening McQueen, Buzz Lightyear and Thomas the Tank Engine. He has just recently dicovered Bob the Builder and now speaks a little Spanish, thanks to Dora the Explorer. His vocabulary has actually grow expansively since he started watching Dora.

I am looking forward to seeing this little man grow. He may have inherited my antisocial personality (minus the growling and barking), but I see more and more of his Daddy in him every day. It will be a pleasure watching him grow up. I started praying that God would enter his heart and put a hedge around it as soon as I found out I was pregnant with him, and I still continue to do that. That is my only strong desire for my Mr. Man's life.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Sweet article and cute picture. I pray that about Hendrik too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elsa! Yes, thinking about Calvin's salvation can bring a lot of anxiety, and he's not even a teen yet!! ;) Just gotta keep reminding myself God gave us a promise and He is in control.

    ReplyDelete