Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bluejackets:4, Other Team:3


Craig had tickets good for a Bluejackets game last night, so he took me. My mother graciously agreed to watch our babies for us. I am not a big sporting event fan, but when I suggested that Craig ask someone else to go with him he looked sort of disappointed, so I went. I guess sometimes its nice for him to have a whining wife clinging to his arm instead of having fun with a buddy. He must really love me. I brought my iPod to have something to do.


(me being bored at the hockey game)

When we got to the game, I was disappointed to discover that my iPod would not pick up the Wifi at the arena. "Now what am I going to do?" I asked Craig. "Watch the game", he said. Yeah right, I watched people instead. Usually we sit in what we call the Fat Boy seats. Either right on the glass, or a few rows up, in plush comfy seats where waiters come up to you and ask you if you would like them to get you some refreshments. We get these seats from my Dad. The company he works for buys season passes every year and they all take turns using them. The section is full of rich people or obnoxious die-hard hockey fans who scream obscenities. There aren't many children in those seats.

Last night we sat all the way up in the nose bleed section, and there were quite a few children up there. The men were on the their best behavior. The only negative yelling done up there was: "Come on!", "Aarggh!" (with the "g" pronounced), "Oh, fun!", and my favorite "That's not your teammate, man!" (in response to a bad pass). You remember all these things when you aren't there for the game.

After the second period, people thinned out, meaning most of the people who had a kid with them left, but things were still quiet where we sat. I got even more bored because there weren't many people to watch, so I started whining. I do this thing to Craig when I start fake whining about stupid stuff I don't even care about just to get his attention (he knows it too, because he just playfully chuckles and gives me a hard time)


(Craig and me in the nose bleed section)

I told him I was cold. He said, "Aw." I asked him for some ice cream, which was dumb because then I really was cold. So I told him my nose was cold, and he asked if I wanted to warm it in his armpit. I gave him a love tap. I asked him if we could go home, "When its over.", "When will it be over?", he ignored me. And so it went on until it really was over. And I asked Craig to pick up his empty beer can to bring it home for my sister Kate who recycles them for college money. He said we were not walking around with an empty beer can. Apparently he doesn't want Kate to go to college.

Isaiah 51- God called Abraham and promised to bless him. God kept His promise and turned this one man into a people of great number. Think about the promises God has given us, He will kept them. And He will greatly exceed our expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment