Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sunny Days

Whenever it is nice we like to be outside. I want to make sure Calvin especially is outside as much as possible, finding bugs, swinging on the tire swing or his swing set, pretending, playing in the sand, getting good and dirty, and just generally running off energy.

The desire for him to be outside is not only to give me a break from entertaining him, but also for his enrichment. I have dreams of Calvin (and all my children) looking back on his childhood with very fond memories. It is important to me that he not only use his physical body but that he use his mind and even his spirit to play. I have dreams of Calvin running through the back yard playing in an enchanted land of make believe.



I believe God designed children to live that way, and I kind of envy them for it. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the days of my own childhood, but God has given me the task making these days special to my little ones now. I hope I can do as good a job as my parents did.

No comments:

Post a Comment