Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Calvin's First Snow Angel!

With the recent snowfall in Columbus, I bundled up my babies and took them outside. Calvin was thrilled to finally be let outside to play in the snow. He had been asking to go out even when there was only an 1/8 inch on the ground.

He isn't usually enthusiastic about trying new things, so up until this point I hadn't suggested trying to make a snow angel to him. But this time I did. After seeing me lay down in the snow, I half expected him to ask to go back inside. I was surprised when I got up and showed him my snow angel. He squealed, ran over to a clear area, laid down and start working his arms. "You gotta use your legs too", I said. He giggled.



In fact, Calvin giggled the whole time. Then he got up to survey his work. He was pleased. So pleased, he insisted on Evelynn making one too. It didn't happen.


My study has been about Nehemiah. Two of the concepts that have had an impact on me are:

God is always faithful to His Word. He blesses faithfulness, and punishes unfaithfulness. If we are in a state of discipline, God is still being faithful. Nehemiah praised God while Israel was in exile by the Persians because God was being faithful to His Word.

The Lord's judgment always starts in His house. If we are of a people who do not follow God, He will not excuse us for fitting in, even when it seems as though He is excusing the rest of the world. If He is unhappy, we will be the first to be disciplined.

No comments:

Post a Comment