Friday, June 4, 2010

Getting Ready.


I made pierogies from scratch for the first time for Evelynn's birthday party. Craig's Grandma Nickoloff gave me her very old recipe. It was easier and harder than I thought it was going to be. And I think they needed salt. It won't be the last time I make them. I plan on perfecting the recipe to our families tastes. Here is the recipe for anyone interested. Add whatever seasoning your family likes.
Pierogi
2 cups flour
2 eggs
2 Tbl. sour cream
1/2 cup milk
Mashed Potatoes

Combine flour, eggs, sour cream and milk; knead until dough is soft and pliable. Roll out to desired thickness on a floured surface. Cut into rounds with a glass or cutter. Place a heaping teaspoonful of filling (in this case mashed potatoes) to one side of the dough, fold over and seal edges. Drop pierogi in boiling water, and cook until they rise to the top, remove carefully.

Craig likes to saute them with butter and onions and sprinkle them with cinnamon. Sounds weird but it is so good!


This is what Evie was doing while I was making pierogies and trying to clean up for her party. Tearing stuff out. But it kept her occupied. It's funny how I had to let her undo something so I could get something else done.

No comments:

Post a Comment