Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More Slate Run...

A few days after our family went to Slate Run Farm, I went back with my babies, Mom and younger sisters. I love it there. I wish I had my own farm where I could grow my own food so I knew for sure where it came from and what was used to grow it.

I would love to work all day in the garden taking care of the plants that would be used to feed my family for the year. Enjoying fresh fruits and vegetables in the spring, summer, and fall and canning some for winter.

Chickens would roam free eating grass and bugs and getting good and healthy so we could in turn eat them and be healthy. I would have a huge amount of compost that pigs would turn and fill with all kinds of good bacteria and nutrients so that I could put it on my garden to make my plants grow even bigger. My cows would be grass fed, and I would not have to pay $6.99 a pound for hamburger, that would be nice.



Not entirely sure I would want sheep though, maybe a lamb or two just for the freezer. But I'll have to grow my own apple mint to make some jelly to go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment