Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Want Gray Hair.



In a society that WORSHIPS youth, I am longing for my older years. I am really longing for the wisdom that comes with years. Sometimes it is extremely frustrating to be inexperienced and immature. I am not despising my youth, I love it, I just despise my present perspective, temperament, and rationale. My prayers consist of me practically begging God for wisdom. There must be something wrong with the way I am going about getting it because I am not any wiser.

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean, Meghann. I can remember being frustrated that I wasn't making progress. But something that Pastor Kessler has mentioned in some sermons has been very comforting: the Lord is the one who does all the work in us, and he works in his own time - even often times slower than we would like. So even though we have a responsibility (e.g. to be as wise as we can), we can only trust in his timing to wisen us. (How's that for a new word? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisen! Love it! True and encouraging words though. Even if they aren't real!

    ReplyDelete