Thursday, October 21, 2010

Extras

Here are a few more things we did at EnterTRAINment Junction.

Really I just want to share the pictures...




Deuteronomy 17:14-20- The passage was foretelling of Israel's desire to have a king like the nations around them. Israel's "request for a king in Samuel's day was an implicit rejection of God as king." They wanted to rely on a man to fight their battles instead of relying on God who had promised to fight for them.
There have been undertones on reliance on God in my Bible study and in my reading outside of the Bible. I think God is trying to tell me something again. Not that it is a new message for me. Reliance on God is the basis of the Christian faith, but knowing a little of how the Holy Spirit works, I can say with confidence that if a subject is repeatedly being laid upon my heart I need to sit up and take notice. Now that I know what God wants me to hear, it is up to me to figure out (pray and ask God) to which area of my life the words need to be applied. If not all of them. After all, do I rely on God truly and sincerely in any area of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment