Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Playing

I've wanted to share pictures and tell you about taking my babies to Boo at the Zoo.

I've also wanted to tell you about and share the pictures from the recent trip to the pumpkin patch.



But Craig said there is very little space on my computer, so I am not allowed to download any more pictures until I get rid of some old ones. It is taking a while to go through all the pictures on my computer and it is hard to delete them. I agree with Craig, I do not need all 15 pictures of Calvin's first smile, but it is so hard to choose which ones I am willing never to see again. In some ways the conveniences of today make life difficult. My mother never had to make these decisions! =)

I am posting my readings for earlier this week, I have not done my reading yet today, and I am hoping to go through pictures today so Craig will let me download and post some from trick or treating tonight, so I will post my reading for today then. That's a run-on. No, its a comma splice. Whatever.

10/25- The Everlasting Reign, 1 Corinthians 15:20-28: Although even righteous kings of Israel could not keep the law perfectly, the last King is the fulfillment of the law. King Jesus has come to conquer all His enemies. Death will be conquered and we will be set free from it's chains. He will set up an everlasting kingdom. All things will acknowledges His rule (He will have a visible reign).

10/27- God Chooses Israel's King, 1 Samuel 16:1-13: Saul failed to be a godly king for the Israelites, so God brought forward David, the man of His choosing. Samuel was surprised at God's choice. But we all know what God said, "For the Lord does not see as a man sees: for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." The Bible says David was a man after God's own heart. David was "sensitive to the work of the Holy Spirit and knew when to repent if he had sinned" (Tabletalk). Am I a woman after God's own heart? No. It seems that more often than not I quench the Spirit by trying to justify my sin instead of repenting from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment