Monday, March 1, 2010


( Me, Evie (9 mos), Calvin (2), Craig)

Our family is trying to make changes in order to be happier, healthier, and more reliable(choo-choo). The natural state of our family is chaos. Craig and I both decided we needed to change. We need big changes. We are on the path to those big changes, but we are starting small and building up. They are just small changes but they have made a big difference in the way our family operates. I have made changes to our diet with the help of Dr. Weil's books (gasp! there he is again!). We both have bought new walking/running shoes (and have been using them). I, sometimes Craig (and even Calvin!), have been practicing yoga on a regular basis. We have been simplifying our house (here is the blog of a woman I admire, she explains simplifying well). And I have been getting up in the morning to read my Bible and have downloaded Dr. R. C. Sproul's podcasts to my iPod. The next step will be to fully adopt Dave Ramsey's plan
for finances. Although I am very proud of the fact that we had the discipline to set aside the money for our emergency fund out of our tax rebate, in the past we would have just spent it all.

As I have said these are just small changes, but we are well on our way to becoming more organized, and able to do a lot more in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment