Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The President Won't Be Coming Over Any Time Soon




(This picture has nothing to do with my post, it is just cute.)

So I was thinking today while I was picking up the house. Housework get pretty overwhelming sometimes. I can not stand my house being messy. I am my mother's daughter. This doesn't mean my house is always clean. It just means I am in a bad mood when the house is not clean, as Craig will surely testify. Having to decide whether to clean the house or do something I enjoy is frustrating mostly because I almost always choose cleaning. But as I picked up today (in a bad mood) I realized that unless I sit my kids in front of the tv all day, the house will most likely not stay clean for more than half an hour at a time.
Then I realized I could apply my desire to simplify our life to my cleaning as well. The more I though about it all I want is a clean house. Having toys all over the floor isn't as bad as having three days of crumbs laying underneath them. So today I cleaned the house for a change, instead of picking up. The toys are still on the floor, but the crumbs are gone. And just in case you are wondering, yes, you can vacuum the floor without picking up the toys, as Calvin learned today to his everlasting horror. He was about to have a heart attack watching me push his toys around with the vacuum!

No comments:

Post a Comment